Please read the following criteria for applying for the Music Maker Competition
You shall be studying music with ‘performance’ (solo) as one of the elements.
- This may be at school at A or AS level; individually, with a music tutor; or in a group (e.g. as part of a choir or orchestra); or any combination. (Both state or privately funded acceptable.)
- You do not necessarily have to be going on to study music at University or Music College.
You shall live and/or be educated in Nottinghamshire.
- Nottinghamshire will be defined as anywhere within the county boundary and outside the boundary with an “NG postcode”. (This will include the City and county, and also the wider areas of Newark, Grantham, Shirebrook, Sleaford, etc. (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NG_postcode_area)
You shall be in post 16 education, (you will be at least 16 years old) or shall have recently left school.
- This includes all 6th form students and those who have left school but are in a ‘gap’ year before going on to further education or other occupation.
You should have a minimum qualification in performance on an instrument or voice of (or equivalent to) Associated Board exams Grade 7 or higher.
You shall be available to perform a 10 minute programme (approximately) at the Choir’s Festival Concert in the year when the award will be presented (in 2022 this will be 2nd July).
- The choir’s accompanist may be asked to accompany you if you wish.
Previous winners are not entitled to re-apply regardless of instrument choice.
You must submit a video recording of up to 10minutes either by DVD or uploading to an online source. The recording should be up to date (recorded within 6 months of the closing date) and show a true reflection of your abilities.
Application Form (Word)
Application Form (pdf)